- Search the other posts to see if your topic is already covered.
- Use a meaningful title for your thread.
- Do not use a forum to promote your product, service or business.
- Be civil. Personal differences should be handled through email or IM and not through posts displayed to everyone.
- Stay on topic.
- Ignore spammers, respond to them personally and not through the board, or report them.
- In order to be understood by most people, use correct spelling, grammar and avoid slang unless you know the word or phrase will be understood by other members.
- Do not double post (post the same message twice in one thread) or cross post (place the same message across several forums).
- Act in a give and take manner; help others as often as or more than you ask for help.
- Do not use all caps or SHOUT in your posts.
- Do not post new problems on someone else’s thread and interrupt a topic of discussion.
- Do not use someone else’s thread for a private conversation.
- Watch your sense of humor, posts may be read by people from a variety of backgrounds and ages.
- Do not post any information that you want private. Posts should not contain personal, identifiable information or content embarrassing to others.
- Do not post content that violates a copyright.
- Write concisely and do not ramble.
- Be encouraging and patient to the newbies or less experience members.
The following topics are strictly off limits, including in external links:
- Porn, gross stuff, or anything else not that are offensive
- Piracy, warez, leaked content.
- Any discussion of piracy will result in an immediate and permanent ban.
- Cheating, hacking, game exploits
- Threats of violence or harassment, even as a joke
- Posting copyrighted material such as magazine scans
- Soliciting, begging, auctioning, selling, advertising, referrals
- Racism and discrimination
- Drugs and alcohol
- Religious, political, and other “prone to huge arguments” threads
Members will not be allowed to post in the forum for a month after 3 warnings, with a strikeout recorded.
Member with a total of 3 strikeouts will be removed from the forum.
3 warnings = 1 strikeout
3 strikeouts = Removal from forum