26 Jun Casio New CT-X Series Advanced Electronic Keyboards ($100 Promo Code included)
In April this year, Casio Singapore released four new electronic keyboards with specifications that can cater to beginners to serious performers. The CT- X700/X800/X5000/X3000 keyboards feature the new AiX Sound Source,*1 which reproduces the appealing sound of acoustic instruments, and a new audio system that generates powerful sound. In case you are wondering, AiX means *1 Acoustic Intelligent multi-eXpression (AiX) Sound Source.
The CT-X series provides high-performance Digital Signal Processor (DSP) effects that combine various algorithms to realize the perfect effect for each instrument sound. The CT-X700 and CT- X800’s stunning instrument tones are perfect for beginners or advanced players that need an affordable and portable instrument while the CT-X3000 and CT-X5000 provide additional tones and DSP editing features, expression pedal inputs as well as more powerful speaker systems. The CT- X3000 has a 6W+6W speaker system and the CT-X5000 has an incredible 15W+15W high-output amplifier delivering powerful sound output for rehearsal or performance applications.
For songwriters, the CT-X series can be a great composer buddy when your creative juices are flowing. You can create your demo arrangements using the CT-X series without much fuss, especially with the enhanced new AiX sound. Here are some of the features that we think are useful for songwriters in your composing, arranging and performing.
- The Phase Recorder, which allows you to record a musical phrase that can be instantly triggered using any of the four pads.
- The mixer is able to handle 42 different parts
- 17-track MIDI sequencer can save up to 10 songs
- Audio input jack for connecting external audio equipment
- USB ports for connecting to a computer and to enable exporting of music created on CT-X5000/X3000 on memory devices
- Library of 800 tones and 235 rhythms
- Registration Function has capacity of 32 keyboard setups, including tones and rhythms for Instant Recall of Performance Setups
The Casio CT-X series is value for money with their top of the range costing below $1000. The recommended retail price for the series is CT-X700 (SRP: $319), CT-X800 (SRP: $349), CT-X3000 (SRP: $599), and CT-X5000 (SRP: $649). For songwriters, we highly recommend the CT-X3000 and CT-X5000.
We have a special promo code (CASIOCTXPRO) for friends of Songwriters.sg that entitles you to $100 discount for CT-X3000 and CT-X5000. To enjoy the discount, please click on the link for the specific model and key in the promo code when checking out of Lazada.
*Promo Code: CASIOCTXPRO
Promo Period: 27 June to 18 July 2018
*Applicable for Singapore only
Below is a summary of the main features of the CT-X5000 and CT-X3000.
- AiX Sound Source Reproduces the Natural Sound of Acoustic Instruments . The keyboards provide high-quality tones across every category of instrument, faithfully reproducing subtle nuances and gestures specific to each type of sound. The user can customize tones to taste using 100 DSP effects that combine various algorithms, three system effects (reverb, chorus, and delay) and 10 equalizer presets.
- Wide Range of Tones and Rhythm Patterns Support Diverse Musical Genres. An extensive library of 800 tones and 235 rhythms supports diverse musical genres, and applications from composition, to arranging, to live performance.
- New Speaker System Delivers Powerful Sound . The keyboards feature large-magnet bass reflex speakers and a 15W+15W high-output amplifier (maximum output of CT-X5000 model) to deliver powerful sounds for home or performance use.
- Registration Function for Instant Recall of Performance Setups . The Registration function enables the user to save up to 128 keyboard setups including tones and rhythms. The user can instantly switch between complex playing patterns and tone/rhythm setups without configuring them every time, enabling versatile and seamless performance.
- Composing and Arranging Features Help Bring Ideas to Life. In addition to configuring and saving tones and rhythms to suit the user, the keyboards provide a variety of features for composing and arranging. The Phrase Recorder allows users to record a musical phrase that can be instantly triggered using any of the four pads. The mixer can handle 42 different parts and the 17-track MIDI sequencer can save up to 10 original songs.
- Accessory Jacks and Ports for Performing, Composing, and Arranging. An assignable jack can be used with either a footswitch or expression pedal. Also provided are an audio input jack for connecting external audio equipment, and a class-compliant USB port for connecting to a computer. An additional USB port supports memory devices to easily save and load data created on the CT-X5000/X3000.
- Friendly User Interface Offers a Wide Range of Applications. The keyboards provide an expanded Registration function and four phrase pads, together with direct access buttons for Tap Tempo, Transpose, and Octave switching making the keyboards suitable for stage and live performances, as well as music schools and music classrooms.
- Sophisticated Styling Matches the Advanced Specifications . The powerful speakers are embellished with distinctive red highlights, giving the keyboards a stylish, iconic look. The CT-X5000 is distinguished by a gray metallic finish that adds to the sophisticated styling.
- AiX Sound Source Reproduces the Appealing Sound of Acoustic Instruments. The keyboards provide high-quality tones across every category of instrument, faithfully reproducing subtle nuances and gestures specific to each type of sound.
- Wide Range of Tones and Rhythm Patterns Supports Diverse Musical Genres . An extensive library of 600 tones and 195 rhythms supports diverse musical genres, and applications from composition, to arranging, to live performance.
- Registration Function for Instant Recall of Performance Setups . The Registration function enables the user to save up to 32 keyboard setups including tones and rhythms. The user can instantly switch between complex playing patterns and tone/rhythm setups without configuring them every time, enabling versatile and seamless performance.
- Accessory Jacks, Ports and Functions for Performing, Composing, and Arranging . The CT-X800/X700 keyboards provide a port for a sustain pedal, an audio input jack for connecting external audio equipment, and a USB port for connecting to a computer. In addition, the CT-X800 features an additional USB port which supports memory devices, plus a Pitch Bend Wheel for recreating various instrument gestures. The keyboards also come with a 6-track MIDI sequencer with room for up to five original songs.
Casio Computer Co., Ltd. is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of consumer electronics products and business equipment solutions. Since its establishment in 1957, Casio has strived to realize its corporate creed of “creativity and contribution” through the introduction of innovative and imaginative products. Today, Casio’s offerings include timepieces, digital cameras, electronic dictionaries, calculators, musical instruments, system equipment, and others. The Casio Group employs about 11,000 people worldwide, shipping over 100 million products per year, with net sales of 338 billion yen (approx. US$3,720 million) in the fiscal year ended March 2015. News and product information from Casio is available at http://world.casio.com/.